Creative Management Staffing Services is seeking to hire a Volunteer Coordinator for the Women’s Veterans Support Services
Location: Raleigh, NC U.S.
Time Frame to Fill: Immediately – (Part-time 2yr position)
Rate of Pay: $30,000
Job Title: Volunteer Coordinator
Creative Management Staffing Services is seeking to hire a Volunteer Coordinator part-time 50% that will supervise, coordinates and manages recruitment of volunteers, assist with training of volunteers, monitors the objectives for the volunteer program which reflect the mission of the project. The salary for this 2yr position from the grant is ($15000.00 for Yr. 1 and Yr. 2 In-kind).
Job Duties and Responsibilities (Other duties may be assigned as appropriate.)
- Develop, promote, and maintain a wide range of volunteer opportunities within the organization
- Survey staff regularly to assess needs for volunteer assistance
- Ensure volunteers are staffed to support the various areas of operations
- Recommend the most efficient use of volunteers, appropriate volunteer/supervisory mix, and future workforce needs to support volunteer program operations
- Conduct and/or arrange for volunteer orientation and training
- Schedule all volunteer activity
- Develop and manage volunteer policies, procedures, and standards of volunteer service
- Organize and participate in volunteer recognition programs and special events
- Evaluate all aspects of volunteer programs to ensure effectiveness and to recommend/implement changes as appropriate
- Maintain accurate records and provide timely statistical and activity reports on volunteer participation
Education and Experience
- Possess at least HS Diploma, Associate Degree and/or Bachelors
- Have job-related experience, such as working in a Museum, managing volunteer programs, leading teams and/or organizations.
- Knowledge of management principles and evaluation techniques related to programs that involve a cadre of volunteers.
- Proficient in basic computer applications, such as word processing, spreadsheets, and internet usage
- Record keeping skills (for admissions and marketing)
- Organization and planning skills