Creative Management Staffing Services is seeking to hire Electrician Helper
Location: Charlotte, NC
Time Frame to Fill: Immediately – Temporary Position
Rate of Pay: $15.00 – $20.00 hourly
Mon – Fri: 8:00 am-6:00 pm (40hrs a week)
Job Title: Electrician Helper
Creative Management Staffing Services is seeking experienced and skilled Electrician Helper to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting electricians with installing and maintaining electrical and power systems. Works at construction sites, factories, businesses, and residences. We offer competitive pay and full benefits and for steady employment.
Description of Essential Duties:
• Assist in installing electrical systems.
• Install lighting, electrical outlets, and circuit breakers.
• Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
• Thread conduit ends and connect couplings and conduit fittings.
• Secure brackets to bulkheads with screws and bolts and pull wires through conduit leading to connection boxes, switch panels, and other terminals.
• Use tools such as conduit benders, screwdrivers, pliers, knives, hacksaws, and wire strippers.
• Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components.
• Replace faulty circuit breakers, fuses, switches, electrical and electronic components, or wire.
• Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
• Replace old fuse boxes.
• Hook up appliances for power.
• Install new lighting and ceiling fans.
• Repair motors, transformers, generators, and electronic controllers on machine tools and industrial robots.
• Consult with engineers, engineering technicians, line installers and repairers, or industrial machinery mechanics and maintenance workers when performing installations.
• Tearing down fixtures – sorting parts for packing and returning.
• Using good judgment, pack efficiently saving space in vehicles for returns as much as possible.
• Maintain tools, vehicles, and equipment and keep parts and supplies in order.
• Measure, cut, and bend wire and conduit, using measuring instruments and hand tools.
• Perform semi-skilled and unskilled laboring duties related to the installation, maintenance and repair of a wide variety of electrical systems and equipment.
• Raise, lower, or position equipment, tools, and materials, using hoist, hand line, or block and tackle.
• Strip insulation from wire ends, using wire stripping pliers, and attach wires to terminals for
• Transport tools, materials, equipment, and supplies to work site by hand, hand truck, or heavy,
• Assist with other duties as requested so that all operations run smoothly.
- Must have a High School Diploma/GED.
- Valid state driver’s license required.
- Problem solving, troubleshooting, and judgment skills required and must have knowledge of tools
and instruments required to perform maintenance, new installations and troubleshooting.
- Excellent communication skills are required, both written and oral.
- Must be able to handle multiple functions at the same time and maintain outstanding
- Positive, confident and motivated attitude with the desire to work in a fast-paced, energetic team
Performing physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole
body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials, personal
protective equipment such as hard hats, hearing protection, and safety glasses.
Occasionally exposed to all sorts of weather conditions, i.e. rain, wind, humidity, cold, hot, etc.